- TRUMP TOOK THE FIFTH: Donald Trump asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination today in response to questioning by the office of New York Attorney General Tish James, who is investigating the former president’s family business. Read more.
- INFLATION EASES UP: The Department of Labor said today consumer prices in July rose 8.5%, a lower figure than economists predicted and a slight drop from the 9.1% annualized rate in June. Read more.
- OMAR SQUEAKS BY: Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., eked out a primary victory over moderate challenger Don Samuels to win the Democratic nomination for Minnesota’s 5th congressional district with only 50.8% of the vote, a far cry from her 78% share in 2018. Read more.
- MONKEYPOX VAX PLAN: The FDA authorized single dose intradermal monkeypox vaccination with the JYNNEOS vaccine, which will allow existing doses to be increased fivefold, as the virus continues to spread in high-risk groups. Read more.
- IS SHE TROLLING?: Hillary Clinton’s campaign has begun selling hats and shirts bearing the phrase “But her emails,” a mocking reference to her email server scandal and an apparent response to the FBI’s raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence this week. Read more.